Get the Elite Advantage
The magic of Elite Three Hemp
for unmatched benefits
Here at Elite Three, we believe in using only the very best natural ingredients in all our products. That’s why we work hard to source the finest raw materials. All our products are thouroughly tested not in a lab, but in our barns. The team of high performance athletes using Elite Three products speaks to its unmatched benefits.
Fresh seed, fresh pressed
Our hemp seed is fresh pressed to order. Hemp oil, proteins and E5 are all milled for freshness and quality from a superior seed source.
The best oil on offer
Elite Three Hemp Oil is unfiltered and complete. We don't sift or settle anything out. So you get an industry-leading level of Gamma Linolenic Acid at 4.52%.
Specifically for horses and dogs
We source hemp with specific characteristics that we want, aiming for maximum palatability, absorption and effectiveness in every product.
For minimum of 6 months, across multiple disciplines and environments, so you know your horse or dog is getting the safest, most effective products are on offer.
Packaged for maximum quality & shelf life. Health Canada and Veterinary Health approved. Guaranteed analysis for every product. Guaranteed 0% THC
Real Results – 5 weeks
“I had issues all summer with finding the right feeding program, keeping my mares healthy & looking their best.. finally I got to Elite Three.. never changing back. I am using the Hemp Oil & Super Cool and couldn’t be more happy with how Dolce looks. She feels even better. Thank you Elite Three for helping me better prepare my horses for the 2018 season! We have big goals and are excited to have finally found such a awesome product!”
Real Results – 3.5 months
“I have seen a difference in his level of worry being reduced, his coat and hoof health improving, and perhaps best of all, he has gained weight and maintained it when on Hemp Oil. And for me as his owner, it certainly helps that Hemp Oil is so affordable, especially when compared to other gut health supplements that I found no success with.”
- Shauna Wells
Real Results - Ulcer Free
Elite Three completely changed my opinion of natural products for the treatment of equine issues. Before using hemp oil and hemp fiber, my senior horse battled sever colic once a week, was riddled with ulcers despite being on Omeperazole.
I put her on the Elite Three products and within two weeks, she stopped suffering from colic all together and finally started putting on weight. This fall she is colic free and I was able to ride her after 8 years off due to ulcers and high stress levels.
- Shelby Dede
Why Hemp Oil
• Stamina & Heart Rate - lowered heart rates at rest and immediately following exercise
• Good healthy fats contribute to a healthy cardiovascular system. Peak performance
• Reduces recovery timeReduces lactic acid build up in muscles
• Supplemented fat can be used as an alternative sustainable energy source, saving stored glycogen
• Horses are very efficient in utilizing and digesting fat as a source for fuel
• Cool Energy - Fat is referred to as a cool energy source. Fat produces less body heat when metabolized and is a great source of energy for working horses, especially those that live in warmer climates
• Use of hemp products has shown increased calmness and focus due to its unique natural properties as well as contributing to overall health
• Since fats are digested more slowly blood sugar levels are maintained, reducing the amount and frequency of stress hormones
What Sets Hemp Oil Apart From Other Oils
• Ideal balance of Omega 3,6 & 9
• GLA – Gamma Linolenic Acid - not commonly found in other oils
• The most easily digestible of any plant based protein
• Antioxidants and Vitamins content preserved by being cold pressed and not exposed to high heat for processing losing nutritional value
• You are not exposing your horses to glucosinolates that can be found in other oils
(Glucosinolates as undesirable substances in animal feed. The EFSA Journal (2008) 590, 2-76.)
Why Hemp Protein
• Hemp Protein is made from hemp seed meal, which is the by-product of pressing hemp see oil.
• Provides the benefits of Hemp Oil without the added fat or calories
• Protein Fiber has natural calming factors that help to increases focus and mental calmness.
• The main function of dietary protein is to supply amino acids for the growth and maintenance of body tissue. Protein is made up of amino acids. There are 20 amino acids of which 8 are considered essential. Essential amino acids (EAAs) are those, which the body cannot make and therefore must be supplied by diet. Hemp protein, from the hemp nut, has all 20 of them and the EAAs amounts are in substantially higher amounts than its closest competitor.
• Even more significant is that hemp protein is made up of globulin edistin and albumin, both considered to be among the most easily digestible of all proteins. Edestin protein is found only in hemp seed. Edestin aids in digestion and is relatively phosphorus free. Edestin protein is considered the backbone of the cell’s DNA.
• Hemp protein also contains relatively high levels of the branched-chain amino acids, which are important in the repair and growth of lean body mass.
• Hemp Protein because it is a fibrous material that helps with overall digestion and aids in absorption of nutrient from other feed sources.
• For Building Muscle
• Benefits of oil without the added calories
Why Both Fiber and Oil
• High energy horses benefit from a high fat, high protein diet with out the added sugars and carbohydrates of conventional feeds.
• Hemp Protein only contains 10% fat but because there is only 10% fat in the protein, in some cases that is not enough fat. Feeding both gives the digestive and muscle building properties of the hemp protein fiber and the fat provided by the hemp oil, giving the horse the ultimate nutrition.
Omega 3-6-9 and GLA
• Because omega-6 and omega-3 work hand-in-hand within the horse’s body, equine nutritionists place more emphasis on maintaining the proper balance or ratio between the two rather than focusing on the total quantity of either one. Hemp oil provides an ideal balance of 3-6-9.
• Omega 6 – Naturally occurring fatty acids that help bolster the immune system. Beneficial for infection and sickness. Specifically, omega-6 fatty acids are used by the body to make pro-inflammatory mediators for the immune system.
• Omega 3 – Shown to reduce inflammation. They balance immune function, protect joints and ligaments, diminish inflammation, support gastrointestinal function, reduce skin allergies, and decrease nervousness among many other benefits.
• The ideal ratio has been deemed as 3:1 (3 Omega 6 to 1 Omega 3) It is important to remember that inflammation is an important process the body uses to fight infection and mediate tissue repair, therefore a balance between pro-and anti-inflammatory mediators is the goal. Omega-6 fatty acids do not cause inflammation, rather they provide the substrate needed to mount an inflammatory response if and when it is needed making them a very important part of the diet. Because grains are a rich source of omega-6, our modern method of feeding horses has likely skewed their omega profile quite significantly.
• Omega-9 Shown to benefit the heart, brain and overall well-being.
Hemp Oil Contains GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid)
• GLA is a regulator of the prostaglandins, the hormone-like substances that act as chemical messengers inside the cell. Their physiological effects include regulation of inflammation.
• The prostaglandins are also involved in the increased secretion of protective mucus in the GI tract, which makes hemp oil’s GLA an important ingredient for horses with ulcer issues.
What Is The Shelf Life Of Elite Three Products
• Cold Pressed – Oil has not been exposed to high temperatures giving it a very long shelf life.
• 18months + when stored below 20 celsius
Do Elite Three Products Contain THC
• Hemp does not contain THC and is guaranteed to be 0%. Fields have been tested multiple times even before harvest. THC has not been in hemp seed in Canada for the last 15 years.
• Elite Three products will not test under EC, FEI and USEA rules.
Will Elite Three Products Test
• Elite Three products will not test under EC, FEI and USEA rules.
If My Horse Is On Green Grass Do They Still Need Omegas
• For a horse fed lower-quality forage, it might be beneficial to invest in a fat supplement. However, if the horse is eating good-quality pasture or a cool-season grass hay that is harvested at early to mid-maturity, he may already have a low ratio of omega-6s to omega-3s, and spending the money on an expensive supplement might not be worth it. In instances like this hemp oil or protein can be considered for that “little bit extra” a horse might need.
Do I Need To Feed Supplements As Well As Oil
• Yes it is recommended to feed a vitamin and mineral supplement.
• However investing large amounts of money in other supplements does no good if the horse is not digesting them properly. Because hemp oil and fiber aid in digestion, the vitamins and minerals are being utilized more efficiently and therefore require less to be fed.
Foundered & Lamantic Horses
• A foundered horse does not need excess fat and therefore would be a great candidate for the fiber
• A lamanitic horse would benefit from the anti inflammatory properties of either the oil, fiber or a combination of both