Jill has had a life-long passion for riding and education. Jill earned her Bachelor’s of Education from the University of Alberta before setting off to explore the world and train horses extensively in Italy and Australia. When she returned home to Canada, she united her passions for horsemanship and educating riders with Barron Barn.
Horsemanship basics, although seemingly simple, are crucial to perfecting a balanced and effective partnership between horse and rider. Jill ensures the same principles and core ideas are woven through the many disciplines she teaches. All of her programs focus on the concepts of timing, feel, and balance. Through a blend of classical techniques and natural horsemanship, Jill encourages a deeper connection between horse and rider.
Jill’s expertise has won her global accolades and taken her to Texas, Colorado, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, British Columbia, Quebec and Alberta as a clinician and a judge. She has also enjoyed working on movie sets and in music videos. In addition to five years of classroom teaching experience, Jill’s expertise is broad in dressage, obstacles, working cowhorse, barrel racing, team roping, and break away roping.
Some of Jill’s accolades include:
• Canada’s First WE ‘r’ Judge & TD (USA)
• WE Judge for WE Canada and WE United
• 2018-19 Mane Event Expo Clinician (Alberta & British Columbia)
• 2018 Andalusian World Cup Top 10 L5 Open (Las Vegas)
• 2018 North American 2018 Clinics & Judging (Texas, Kansas, Quebec, Vancouver Island, Colorado, Sask, Alberta, Oklahoma)
• 2017 Haras Cup L4 Open Champion (Texas)
• 2017 Fiesta of the Spanish Horse L6 Open Reserve Champion (California)
• 2017 International Champion L6 Open
• 2017 International Champion L4 Open
• 2017 Working Equitation Canada National Director
• 2017 Confederation for Working Equitation (USA) International Director
• 2016 WE Show L3 Open Champion & Reserve Champion (Washington)
• 2016 International L3 Open Reserve Champion
• 2015 Pin Oak Horse Show WE 4th (Texas)